Waterkeepers Iraq participated in The Guan Eden conference in Baghdad arranged by Goethe Institute and Humat Dijlah.
The aim of the conference was to network between activists and environmental experts, as well as government agencies such as the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources, and to discuss ways to increase environmental awareness in Iraq.
Framework of the Guan Eden conference was prepared on 6 and 7 of April in Baghdad discussing the following topics:
- The role of women in protecting the environment
- The effects of climate change on Iraq
- The experience of civil society organizations in raising awareness against hunting endangered birds
- Integrated management of wetlands
- Deep discussions about the Paris Agreement
- Water pollution
The conference was attended by environmental experts, activists and government officials considering all health measurements.